Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:29 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have my player almost completely full, and I don't like browsing the Music folder with the browser because of the load time.

What I want to do is get my MP3 files tagged so all of my music shows up in the Music list (Music Browser) in the order they are supposed to be on the album.

What would make this wickedly convenient is if someone made me a Foobar2000 Masstagger script.

Some of my music looks like it is tagged the same as some other music, but it shows up in Alphabetical order instead of the Album order...

Any suggestions on how to properly tag files for this player will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:01 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but I edit the ID3 tags in Windows Media Player and when I browse the Albums in the music browser, the tracks are listed according to track number, not title.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:35 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Google mp3tag, great free prgram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:57 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I use Hard Drive mode to transfer my music, I'm extremely against using software to load music onto a device.

I just setup the tags exactly as another CD, even the same band... now the CD ends up as Music in the artist list, and the tags are all just filenames.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:00 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Borgschulze wrote:
I use Hard Drive mode to transfer my music, I'm extremely against using software to load music onto a device.

I just setup the tags exactly as another CD, even the same band... now the CD ends up as Music in the artist list, and the tags are all just filenames.

I didn't mean loading the files through WMP - just using its Advanced Tag Editor to edit the file tags, and then load it in Hard Drive mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:12 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ETM wrote:
Borgschulze wrote:

I didn't mean loading the files through WMP - just using its Advanced Tag Editor to edit the file tags, and then load it in Hard Drive mode.

I have Windows XP Profession N, which means I don't even have Windows Media Player...

Can you post a screenshot of how it edits the tags?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:08 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Borgschulze wrote:
Can you post a screenshot of how it edits the tags?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Windows Media Player 11, which I just installed, detects the track numbers the same as the Archos 404.

I hope it works when I edit them, I can't check right now though because I'm on Remote Desktop at my girlfriends place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:04 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It indeed does work fine with WMP11... although it's going to be a pain to sort through and re-tag 25gb or so of music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:32 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Borgschulze wrote:
It indeed does work fine with WMP11... although it's going to be a pain to sort through and re-tag 25gb or so of music.

You can select whole albums, and edit common details in all of them, and then just add individual track numbers... it's pretty damn fast once you get organized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:28 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ETM wrote:
Borgschulze wrote:

You can select whole albums, and edit common details in all of them, and then just add individual track numbers... it's pretty damn fast once you get organized.

All of my music is tagged fine for everything but my Archos player.

The only thing I have to do really is redo the track numbers, it's mostly all scene rls's (Slayer-God_Hates_Us_All-Collectors_Edition_Import-2002-SGE).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

A few of my Albums still show up under Music (As the artist), even though I have retagged them....