Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Charging problem
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have 3 batteries for my 604 and generally charge them with an external charger (though I occasionally try using the USB on my computer). Here's the problem:

After what seems like a normal charging time (or over night) I get an indication that the unit is completely charged (e.g., blinking green lights). However, when I detach the charger the battery only lasts a few minutes at most. This happens with all three batteries, and regardless of whether I am charging with the charger or off my USB port. I've tried cleaning contacts on the batteries and in the unit to no avail.

Any ideas? It is hard for me to believe that all three batteries are bad, or could they be after c. two-three years of use, though mainly I keep the unit connected to AC. I really like it and would like to take it on a trip to Russia in a few weeks. I've purchased an external AA battery pack and hope that will work. If not, and there is no fix, I'll just keep it connected to the charger by my bedside where I run music through some external speakers.

Thanks much for any input!

Post subject: Re: Charging problem
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:58 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Turns out I had two bad batteries and a charger connected to a bad power strip. Now that the latter is corrected I am able to fully charge and use one battery, and have ordered an eBay backup.