Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:11 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Obviously I'm new here but grateful to find this forum and see it is still functioning! The Archos website sucks totally. I figured I was going to have to toss my 604.

Here are the problems:

I have one movie and 800 songs on this and that is it. I just transfered all songs to my pc to save them, but they're still on my 604 as well.

I was going to reformat because wifi just will not work and I really want to check it out since I have wireless pc internet now and can actually USE wifi for the first time since I bought this thing in early 07. I hit 'web' and get 'wifi error' and that is it.

Trying to reformat, it goes for a second then says it's done and it's not reformated, everything is still on.
I try to repair, same thing. Nothing changes. It's refusing to do both. So I tried to boot up holding the tv button and got the
list of Recovery (code 2) 'system is damaged, would you like to recover it? (no) (repair) (format disk).

I have done both options aside from (no) and a second later it says 'archos' and goes back to the recovery (code 2). NOTHING is working to reformat this player. I want to be able to get it to stop saying Fat is corrupted, I can't update any firmware cuz it says 'error 14' and stupid thing won't factory reset either; does the same thing; 2 seconds into it the archos flash screen comes up and everything is still there.

crap. I can't even get (no) to get me out of this recovery screen!!!!

Does anyone have ANY idea????

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:31 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ok, I've checked the forum, did the thing on openeing the hdd case and fixing the ribbon and still is doing the above.
PLEASE before I throw this starting to become pos into the garbage and lament the 400 some dollars i paid for it 2.5 years ago, can ANY ONE help? :( :( :( :(

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:53 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Never mind. I went into my archos hdd again and cant keep the thin part that is to slip under the black plastic thing to stay put so I'm just considering it garbage and am going to throw the damned thing away. this is not worth even having any more. I put all 800 songs onto my pc and that's really all i needed to save. I know I'm NEVER dealing with Archos again for any reason. I'm sure all their products are horrible. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

My Archos is 3 years Old.
I was getting only the archos screen and if i waited a while the help screen saying ( code 2 ) enz.
Try cleaning the pins of the battery and player with a eraser.

Worked for me. ( problem maby oxidation on the pins of the battery Or the Harddrive )

Oxidatie treed op alle mechanise overgangen op , ook op harde schijven ( Probleem, HD die niet meer goed werkt. )
Met een gum is deze oxidatie redelijk goed te verwijderen ( Al diverse HD hiermee weer opgeknapt )