Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: dvr remote issues
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:02 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi...

New to the group....just bought the 604 wifi. So far, I love it! But I went and spent the dough and bought the dvr docking station, but I'm having trouble getting the remote to do anything. I put in brand new batteries, thinking maybe the ones it came with were dead, but I push every button, and no reaction. Do I need to set something on the unit? Or do you think I got a bad remote?

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:23 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

If you purchased the gen 5 dvr station, you're out of luck, as apparently the remote doesn't work with gen 4 devices. You should be able to get a working one by contacting Archos. If it's not this, I'm not sure of an explanation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:37 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I think you have a bad remote. I've had my 604 WIFI and DVR dock for about a year now and just recently my remote quit working. I've tried cleaning the battery contacts but that didn't help. For maybe 3 or 4 months or so I'd have to slid the battery out then back in to get it to work so I thought cleaning contacts would help but no luck. Battery condition is fine. I guess I need to find out if they sell the remote seperately. You should get a replacement but it is not good that we both have the same problem. The Archos and DVR station seems to be made very well otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

update.....I figured it out. I bought an opened box special from Circuit City, and alas...it was a gen 5. So, I took it back and to my surprise, the local Walmart had the gen 4 dvr for only 70.00. Now it works great and I'm back to lovin the Archos!

Thanks for the help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:40 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Wow! That's good to hear. Makes me less suspicious about the quality of their remotes too.

Post subject: Harmony Remote
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:10 am 
Hi I'm a first time poster who bought 2 604 WiFi's for a great price(320 ish out the door) at Sam's club. I'm now investigating accessories, DVR, batteries, etc. Has anyone tried to use a harmony remote with the 5th gen DVR station and a 4th gen player. Thanks for any help.