Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:51 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Only one major feature I would definitely want : subtitle support for DIVX/XVID !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:19 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

lapino wrote:
Only one major feature I would definitely want : subtitle support for DIVX/XVID !!

some programs will implant the subtitles directly into your video

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:41 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I know, but that means re-encoding, quality loss and extra work. Cowon supports subs, I don't see why Archos shouldn't.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:55 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I would suggest following improvements:

Abitlity to create a My Tab/Page on home screen, So that user can personlize this tab page and keep his shortcuts/Bookmarks etc. These shortcuts could be used for quick open a Music, Video, Picture file and Network computer shortcut, which could be save. these tab will act like a MyDocument in Windows XP. This way a user can feel like home when he quickly wants to do something. Also it should allow short cuts to be create for all exisiting icons specially SYSTEMS->File Server

Top/Status bar should be clickable, means Clock, Battery, Volume, Wifi etc icons in top staus bar should be clickable so that they can show more information in a baloon window (tool tip in windows) or they can open respective applet/window to change/view these icons settings directly. I have few functions list for diffrent icons:
1) vloume: Should display current volume and/or let the user mute or change volume
2) wifi: should display signals straingth, conntected to, speed etc.
3) clock should allow some setting like, create an Alarm, change time, change AM/PM etc.
4) Battery: correct/estimated reamaining battery in time/hours/minute

There is one more icon required on top status bar i.e. Filer Server on/off.

I suppose if a Status bar at the bottom of the sacreen can be add, would be nice options for user informations. Like current internet speed, Connected on/off, searching, playing, downloading. Why I am suggesting these becuase currently there is no updates available when user use Opera for browsing and dowaloading even when reading a PDF document.

I hope these integration will make Archos 604 wifi more popular and a great user experience using this gadget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

don't promise. only doing.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:38 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Problem/Requirement:
I just realized taping on screen does not give any idea about clicking. If user has clicked on a correct place/point or even it was clicked (and user assumes device will responce on it), user has no idea if archos got his command, specially in Opera Browser, it take a little time to response, but user dont know if it was clicked of he/she has to click again.

Solution:
It should beep when tapping on screen (diffrent events), diffrent events should have diffrent sound click for example, each of them may have diffrent sound:
1) Clicking on blank screen or disabled button (where archos should not rerspond) should have an error sound
2) Clicking on Menu/Button
3) Clicking on Scroll Bar and making a selection in list (combo box)
4) Clicking on a Hyperlink (URL)
5) Clicking on Close (X) button
6) Clicking on a Menu/Icon on Home page/System page
7) Error message, Information message, Alerts etc
8) Many more

This will help users to maintain themes on Archos, each sounds can be attached to diffrent events and profile.
Archos can introduce "Themes" or "Profile" (whatever you may call it) for sound, wallpaper, Wifi settings, other systems setting. User may create diffrent Themes and change them accordingly. Also user can choose default Theme for device starup.

I know 604, 504 and other device does not have touch screen but this could be achived on those devices too, using device/hard buttons and menu positions.

If Archos implement above features in 604wifi (may be in other device too), I think this will really make such a nice and responsive device for us.

Arun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:02 am 
It would also be nice to have some kind of text editor. A way to take notes and read other types of files other than .pdf. Possible support for .txt, .doc, .xls, etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:48 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

voip and flash support would be amazing. but on a lower level, it would be extremely convenient to have some scrolling options in the menu. like a one button tap that brings you to the very top of the page, the middle or the bottom. that and for it to store in memory the section you were last viewing of the previous page so you dont lose your spot when you click on Back. viewing large pages is a pain in the ass. i like browsing google mail occasionally and forums but i waste like 1/4 of my time trying to get back to where i was at or scrolling all the way down to see new posts.

(maybe the navigation features can even be implemented into this site for convenient viewing from the archos until we see such mods)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:10 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

The screen gestures for up/down are flakey - I tend to use the arrow buttons, usually up & down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:18 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

hope I'm not duplicating anything here:

- option to lock device with password (maybe as a setup option used with lock button and/or screen saver/timeout).
- simple paint program (character recognition would be nice so I could write and have it converted to text but baby steps)
- more .wmv support (doesn't support some older versions from what I've been able to test (v7))
- ascii wifi password option
- ability to copy/paste in web browser (especially text)
- haven't done much web surfing, but if it doesn't handle cookies well that would be a plus, especially since theres no usb support for a ext. keyboard yet.
- 3rd party applet support - let developers like aol/yahoo/myspace create chat programs for this device
- webcam support via helmet cam/wifi connection

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but that's a few things that came to mind.

Are there any Archos staff that are members of this forum? Do you submit these requests to someone on the Archos staff? Just curious, I'm new to the Archos world. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:52 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

CLuTcH wrote:
hope I'm not duplicating anything here:

- option to lock device with password (maybe as a setup option used with lock button and/or screen saver/timeout).
- simple paint program (character recognition would be nice so I could write and have it converted to text but baby steps)
- more .wmv support (doesn't support some older versions from what I've been able to test (v7))
- ascii wifi password option
- ability to copy/paste in web browser (especially text)
- haven't done much web surfing, but if it doesn't handle cookies well that would be a plus, especially since theres no usb support for a ext. keyboard yet.
- 3rd party applet support - let developers like aol/yahoo/myspace create chat programs for this device
- webcam support via helmet cam/wifi connection

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff, but that's a few things that came to mind.

Are there any Archos staff that are members of this forum? Do you submit these requests to someone on the Archos staff? Just curious, I'm new to the Archos world. :)

ah yes i forgot to mention copy and paste, but as for aol/yahoo/msn, use the mobiles since an actual app probably wont display too well on the screen since they would never make one designed specifically for the 604
http://www.ebuddy.com/mobile/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:44 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Stable sound for mp3 player.
I use my 604 at work sometimes and route through the stereo system. Having the ability to make sure all my music comes out at the same sound (winamp/windows media player/etc all do this).

crossfade feature

pause button on everything (audio/video)

video playlist (i watch music videos on my player - why not be able to setup a list?)

I had a few other things floating around in my head but of course have forgotten them.

Post subject: Softwarre enhancements
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:05 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I would like to see the control codes for the Sky HD box (Thomson) included in the next software update.

I have asked Archos but they either say it is coming or ignore my mail.

Frustrating as I can not record Sky TV across multiple channels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:06 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I wish the 604 had "smart volume" whereas you can have all music play at a constant volume.

Creative Zen Vision M has this, but unfortunately the rest of the Zen is not as desirable as the 604.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:33 pm 
My #1 "want" is upload support in Opera. What good is having a travel Internet device without being able to upload pics to a blog or sending friends/family pictures of your trip.

My other gripe has already been voiced... subtitle support.

Other than that, the Archos 604 wifi is a WINNER!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I would like to add some nice request:

i would like ogg and of course .flac support for small lossie files but better quality and bigger bit also small lossless audio file (ps: flac is designed to use less cpu by playback than by creation so it is ideal for hardware players see others comp. already did this move in small players : http://www.cowonglobal.com/product/prod ... ature.php#)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:48 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Lots of good stuff covered here - for my part, the main thing would be (and would be the same for my 500 as much as my 604 wifi) quite simply......louder volume, louder volume, louder volume!!!!!

I know it's been done to death on this and other forums, but maybe, just maybe Archos might be tuning in and realise what a big beef this is!

Here's hoping! (but I won't hold my breath!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:52 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

what would be amazing would be the ability to connect to ad-hoc networks, and cross fading.... also if they could do a "super shuffle" like the ipods have to shuffle through all of the music that would be amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:37 am 
Archos User
Archos User

plain text file viewer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:32 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

For me, I just want flash. With a ton of sites using flash, this is a must for any wi-fi gadget.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next