I just realized taping on screen does not give any idea about clicking. If user has clicked on a correct place/point or even it was clicked (and user assumes device will responce on it), user has no idea if archos got his command, specially in Opera Browser, it take a little time to response, but user dont know if it was clicked of he/she has to click again.
It should beep when tapping on screen (diffrent events), diffrent events should have diffrent sound click for example, each of them may have diffrent sound:
1) Clicking on blank screen or disabled button (where archos should not rerspond) should have an error sound
2) Clicking on Menu/Button
3) Clicking on Scroll Bar and making a selection in list (combo box)
4) Clicking on a Hyperlink (URL)
5) Clicking on Close (X) button
6) Clicking on a Menu/Icon on Home page/System page
7) Error message, Information message, Alerts etc
This will help users to maintain themes on Archos, each sounds can be attached to diffrent events and profile.
Archos can introduce "Themes" or "Profile" (whatever you may call it) for sound, wallpaper, Wifi settings, other systems setting. User may create diffrent Themes and change them accordingly. Also user can choose default Theme for device starup.
I know 604, 504 and other device does not have touch screen but this could be achived on those devices too, using device/hard buttons and menu positions.
If Archos implement above features in 604wifi (may be in other device too), I think this will really make such a nice and responsive device for us.