Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

.mkv support - the Cowon A3 is having it, why not the 04 series?

Most h.264 video files I see are in .mkv, and it's a bother to transcode whole seasons into .avi on my weedy 1.8ghz athlon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:39 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

mkv would be a good addition.

Many transcoders have a batch processing option. Leave it overnight (or take your file in media to your local store to "test out" a new dual processor model).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I want two things.

Xbox 360 Support and synced sound and video playback on some videos.

I hope archos can do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:37 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

tompe wrote:
Gildor wrote:
Put in the ability to specify the transmit key (I am not talking about the WEP key) in the WiFi configuration screen. The lack of this currently prevents me from logging in to my wireless network or even browsing the Web.

I asked somebody that know more about this than me and he said it was the ability to have more than one key that was missing. Specifying a transmit key only tells it to use one key for transmission but it uses all keys when receiving data. He also said that more than one key does not increase security so there is no reason to use more than one key. So the obvious solution for you is to only use one key.

I am using one key. Its just not transmit key 1. When you say "Specifying a transmit key only tells it to use one key for transmission but it uses all keys when receiving data.", what is "it" referring to, the Archos or the router?

The problem is the router generates a different WEP key for each transmit key. I tried using the WEP key for transmit key 1 on the Archos and it did not work. I tried using the WEP key for the transmit key the router uses on the Archos and it did not work. If I change my router to transmit key 1 and use the corresponding WEP key in the Archos, it does work.

The only solution available to me right now is to change my router to transmit key1. I can do this, but it will necessitate doing this for all my other wireless devices as well, a big PITA. Archos should have built this into their software from the start. Its not like its anything exotic, just standard wireless protocols.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:08 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

#1 Comply with GPL and release the source code, or at least provide a SDK.
#2 Tempo control. Be able to speed up/slow down music/videos by fairly small increments for DJs, Dance Instructors, or joggers. Must not affect pitch. Chipmunks are cute, but not all the time.

Post subject: iPod
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:39 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The ability to sync with my iTunes in Windows (but I'm guessing this is an iTunes issue)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:00 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

The only 2 things I'd love to see are being able to manually enter the address of a network drive so you don't have to depend on the archos' limited abilities to find them and a text editor would be a nice addition too.

@justern: why would you want to sync with iTunes? Just copy/paste the folders you want and you're done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:59 am 
Archos User
Archos User

- Battery meter that actually works
- Option on the "hold" feature to only lock the screen, not the buttons themselves
- Selecting a different keyboard layout than the default one coming with the language (i.e. AZERTY with English selection)
- Flash
- Java
- Basic PDA functions (calendar, alarm, contacts, notes)
- Faster PDF reader
- FLAC, Ogg, Vorbis and MKV

Not firmware related but an iTunes v7 sync for OS X and Windows as the current plugin doesn't work with iTunes v7 under OS X 10.4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:19 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Surely all of the above mentioned. But to be honest, a device specifically released to provide internet navigation (i'm talking 604 Wifi vs 604), should at least have flash & java support. I'm not interested in PDA functionalities, but some sort of GPS navigation would just round up the product.

Also, if the device could remember the page of a PDF when shutting down (just like it makes with videos), it would be very good.

Last edited by Reppu on Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: FLASH & JAVA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:57 pm 
I love my 604 WIFI.... such a nice versatile device.. but i miss a lot...

- FLASH & JAVA ! to Play straming audio & video (YOUTUBE or SHOUTCAST)
- Key combiantion to shut off the touchscreen and buttons !

and, a VOIP plugin would be a great idea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

It's been said a couple of times already, but I really hope someone from Archos is reading this forum and actually will do something with it... anywho, thing i'm looking for is the ability to attach files or pictures to webmail. Would be nice to be able to send some pics while on holiday as i'm mainly using the device as a photowallet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:58 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Xbox 360 compatibility. Perhaps an Xbox issue, but I hear it works with the P$3.

PDA functions. It would be nifty to have an alarm clock that plays some music. Calendar, touch the day and write a note in it would be sweet. Notetaker, handwriting recognition or through the keyboard, but I'd love to be able to jot down some notes.

Flash, Java, of course.

A few touchscreen games, solitaire, bejeweled, Zuma, etc. I'd love to play Zuma on the device. I agree with a previous poster, interaction after everything else it does would rock my socks off.

Lastly, the ability to choose different GUI would be awesome. More colors for the appearance, more options for the brightness, but thats not too bad, 3 is fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:22 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Only two requests:

Volume (It is way too low. Much lower than the AV500)

FLASH & JAVA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:03 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

so many awesome suggestions, but my biggest beef would have to be the slow start up time. I remember the AV420 took 4 seconds to load and that, to me, was slow, however, after a firmware update they managed to have it start up in about 1.5 seconds which was much better. This 17 second load-up is ludicrous. I mean really, c'mon.

Some other obvious ones are music during browsing, a notepad of some sort, being able to key search through music library, and being able to designate a default folder to which the video, music, and photo will open up to.

I hope Archos can incorporate all the ideas everyone has come up with because they are gold.

Post subject: . . . plain text
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:57 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

plain text file viewer please.
and i want white text on a black background

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:58 am 
Few "little" things I wish they add...in the future firmware or 3rd party software:
- A notepad that can be used for memo or drawing.
- A clock synchronization (using wifi/Internet)
- a screen visualizer when you are using the mp3 player (like iTunes)
- A large digital clock/day/date and alarm (not too much to ask) with no sleep mode.
- Yes, yes, a calendar and an address book (already found in many forums).
- And...Third party software... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:21 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Fix the bug or misfeature that when you rename a file the bookmark for that file disappear.

Post subject: I'm realistic
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:15 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I will steer clear of whining about Flash and Java, b.c. I doubt they will ever include it.
Simple things that they can improve:
1. Allowing photo downloads.
2. Somehow improving start-up times.
3. Allow user to choose which folder a download goes to.
4. A no-frills alarm clock app, to turn on your favorite song when you want to wake up.

I hope some brilliant Linux geek out there is working to create a great 3rd party app!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:42 pm 
1 add ability to record same show at same time (if you have a Tivo season pass and the archos docked, it will record all of them, no need to enter each recording time)

2 a program on the 604 WIFI that downloads the local schedule, allows you to pick your programs, and syncs with the scheduler

3. ability to program the scheduler remotely via internet when the device is on

Ability to move content quickly and easily from Tivo to 604WIFI wd be a huge plus.

Thx Archos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:48 am 
Archos User
Archos User

There is a recording scheduler built into the Arcos...it's on the main menu.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next