Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: audio streamer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:24 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

alankayser wrote:
honeymonkey wrote:
Charbax wrote:
Wow are you actually passing audio through a usb bluetooth dongle on your 604 Wi-Fi?

The audio is coming out the headphone jack.
The audio streamer is a small disc that plugs into the earphone jack. The streamer can stream both audio out and mic at the same time. If at anytime Archos makes a bluetooth adapter the headphones will pair with it. The Streamer works great for skype also.

I carry the 604 in a pouch along with the streamer and cellphone. When the phone rings it mutes the 604 and you tap your ear and it answers the call. Another tap hangs up and turns the audio back on. Tap of another button calls the last number you dialed. The life of the batteries is roughly the same as the 604. Battery packs easily snap on and off

s_a2dp.htm]Bluetooth[/url]

The headphone output on the 604WiFi is really low. Can you give a bit more information about what product you are using as an audio streamer. It sounds like exactly what I need. I thought about the Turtle Beach products but I'm not sure the 604 will recognize any of them. They are USB, but of course not mass storgare. Listening with headphones is almost a waste at this point due to the low output.

Thanks in advance.
Click the Bluetooth link and it will tell you all about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

JAVA SCRPIT AND FLASH ALL THE WAY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:45 am 
Archos User
Archos User

jubajuba56 wrote:
JAVA SCRPIT AND FLASH ALL THE WAY MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey give it up jubajuba56, dont scream, it wont go any faster!
And btw is it javascript or java that it doesnt support?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:52 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

honeymonkey wrote:
alankayser wrote:
honeymonkey wrote:
Charbax wrote:
Wow are you actually passing audio through a usb bluetooth dongle on your 604 Wi-Fi?

The audio streamer is a small disc that plugs into the earphone jack. The streamer can stream both audio out and mic at the same time. If at anytime Archos makes a bluetooth adapter the headphones will pair with it. The Streamer works great for skype also.

I carry the 604 in a pouch along with the streamer and cellphone. When the phone rings it mutes the 604 and you tap your ear and it answers the call. Another tap hangs up and turns the audio back on. Tap of another button calls the last number you dialed. The life of the batteries is roughly the same as the 604. Battery packs easily snap on and off

The headphone output on the 604WiFi is really low. Can you give a bit more information about what product you are using as an audio streamer. It sounds like exactly what I need. I thought about the Turtle Beach products but I'm not sure the 604 will recognize any of them. They are USB, but of course not mass storgare. Listening with headphones is almost a waste at this point due to the low output.

Thanks in advance.

The blueant looks interesting. I am curious as to the output level. The 604 output is quite low. Do you find the bluetooth is a significant boost in output?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:08 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

alankayser wrote:
honeymonkey wrote:
alankayser wrote:
honeymonkey wrote:
Charbax wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The blueant looks interesting. I am curious as to the output level. The 604 output is quite low. Do you find the bluetooth is a significant boost in output?

Thanks
I find these wireless headphones quite loud and never run them full volume. Its great to just leave the 604 in the DVR Station and be able to walk around the house without carrying anything.
If you are listening in a noisy enviroment like cutting the grass, I highly recommend changing the earphones that come with the unit with an "in ear" type. I use the etymotic ER6 which can be found for around $100. They offer a lot better bass response, and also since there is no background noise at all ( they reduce outside noise by 30 db) you don't have to have the archos up as loud. These earphones also double as hearing protection when operating noisy machines such as leafblowers, lawnmowers, etc. Also great for airline travel. I never need to listen to those crying babies or the drone of the plane anymore. Make sure if you do go to an inear type like this you get the low impedance ones like the 6i. They are only 16 ohms whereas the more expensive ones are 48-100 ohms, thus they don't work with MP3 players as well.

Post subject: My wish List
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:18 am 
Any software that would support some kind of PDA.
Notes
Alarms
calander

Just that would be very cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:43 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I fully agree.

PDA functionality and the ability to write text (e.g. with a USB keyboard). Seems weird that I want funtionality that an older unit (i.e. the PMA400) already had.

Post subject: wishlist
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:44 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

NTSF so I can get large vob files on the archos
flash and java.

Please give us these 3 and I will be happy forever:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:07 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Direct download from Dish Network PVR's
(sim. to AV700)

Post subject: UPNP Support
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:30 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

While the basic samba file sharing exists UPnP support would be better. Less to setup and easier to use.

Post subject: Recording
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Would like to see the menu for TV recording to include ,

Weekdays, Weekend , Daily or repeat recording.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:35 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

ok now that i own this beutiful device i can start complaining.

nah, its great, but a few things could make it better.

music functions:

-display file path on file info screens. for example if im playing a song and its info is comming from the id3 tag i would like to be able to check if it is comming from the actual album, or a greatest hits album or sound track or some other compilation, the easiest way for me to know would be to check the info and have the file path displayed with the other information.

-when playing music, after you select home from the menu you loose your browser/playlist tab. would be nice if music, browser, home, and settings were always active tabs or atleast if you do select to go home that you wouldn't loose your browser tab. the only way to get your browser tab back is to select music again while on the home screen, which then goes to the now playing screen, deops the home and settings tabs and returns the browser tab.

-when listening to a playlist you can not start a song from the left side of the browser without first closing the playlist portion on the right, you should be able to start playback from either side like on the g400, it would be nice to have que as a menu option too, and a higher que buffer one track is lame.

-after exiting music to watch a video or browse the net your playlist is cleared when you go back into music, this isn't right. on the g400 your playlist stays loaded untill you power off the player or choose to clear it.

Opera functions:

-would be nice to have the ability to browse while listening to music, this may not be possible due to hardware limitations.

-when browsing with several tabs open i have accidentally closed opera with the X several times when meaning to only close the current tab. a warning screen that lets you know you are exiting the application not just closing a tab when multible tabs are open would be nice. just like in firefox.

Video functions:

no real complaints here, on the cowon A2 you can browse with a seme transparent browser during video playback, this would be nice to have.

Video Recorder Functions:

-as mentioned before, proper 16:9 recording is necisary, i get clipping at the top and bottom.

bug* -after making a recording or perhaps just after viewing video back from the dvr station onto your tv the dvr station no longer acts a a pass through device, my signals were blocked afterwards while the 604wifi was docked. removing it completed the audio path but replacing it again cut the path until i restarted the archos and then placed it back in the dvr station.

-optimized mp4 recording, the recording sucks compared to what i download. a 42min tv show should be about 350mb and of a good quality. i recorded prison break last night at 1500bitrate or whatever (translation lower quality as i was just testing the file size) my file was 540mb and looks alot crapier than the downloaded 350mb version. the ability to adjust the dimensions of your recording would be nice as well, i believe i could do that on my av300.

network browser functions:

-slooooooowwww conecting, it takes no less than one minute to conect to my network at home, 5 - 7 computers. if it is possible to optimize the conection time that would be great.

overall operation:

-volume. the volume output of this device is noticably lower than my g400

-start up time, 17 seconds. too long,

well thats about all i can come up with after 2.5 days of casual use, these are all firmware addresable issues except perhaps browsing the net while listening to music. I hope archos reads these. more to come im sure.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:14 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I would like the ability to save the dvr files straight to an external drive hooked up to the dock without having to transfer between the archos and the external drive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:29 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

i want to see the display limit of 999 files in each folder increased to 9999. i know this will slow it down but i dont want to click thru lots of different folders.

i also want a plain text file viewer for the 6/504.

i want to be able to browse the whole hard drive with the music/video browser. :P

SCRAP the arclibrary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:14 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

t079 wrote:
i want to see the display limit of 999 files in each folder increased to 9999. i know this will slow it down but i dont want to click thru lots of different folders.

i also want a plain text file viewer for the 6/504.

i want to be able to browse the whole hard drive with the music/video browser. :P

SCRAP the arclibrary

Thats a nice idea. They could easily give you the option in one of the firmware screens to select the range.

Post subject: IM
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:42 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

How about Gaim instant messaging.
http://gaim.sourceforge.net/about.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:45 am 
Archos User
Archos User

other than flash and java the ability to open a link in a new tab would be great. also, file downloads should be in the background, with some more info like speed and remaining time. add possibillity of going to end of website and start. make it possible to open a file without quiting opera. restore session is a must and also text copying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:15 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

-notepad
-games (maybe solitaire)
-flash
-gaim (has anybody tried ebuddy.com)
-paint (seems like it's be fun)
-ad hoc sharing
-ability to turn off the touch part of the screen
-over wifi downloads
-fix start up (17 seconds is too long)

BTW, i have no clue whats possible with new firmware, but some of these should be able to be done with out having to add any hardware

Post subject: open source
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:08 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm still deciding weather or not I should get the 604 wifi or the new wizxer that is coming out. The wixzer has everything that people want in this topic already, but it's based off of winCE instead of linux.

I would rather not have a windows device but if it has all the functions and this doesnt i would choose the wizxer.

A lot of the features people want could be accomplished much more easily if they made the source code available. An open source system would be amazing. An open source system would allow much more to be done to the system. A single company can never do as much as a community working towards a goal.

Being able to load our own linux apps would present a huge amount of versatility.
If I could get the code and tinker with the device I would definitely choose this device over the wizxer as it would provide endless hours of interesting work.

A mini linux system with wifi...mmmm... drooling over the possibilities... warwalking...mmmm...

What posix system did you use? QNX is designed for embedded systems and the kernel can go down to about 6kb. very fast loading time compared to most posix systems.

Some people are going to start reverse engineering this system and coming out with hacks especially since it's on a linux based os. Why not embrace them and make their life easier? Market it towards a hackers, everyone would want one.

Open source system... all of the gnu licenses become available... think of all the people that would start working on the system and how much could be done. you don't have enough manpower to do everything people want.

oh and another thing, the main feature I would want besides open source is shoutcast support for internet radio. which you mentioned in a video interview.

take care =)

Post subject: Re: open source
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:52 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

primalvisionss wrote:
I'm still deciding weather or not I should get the 604 wifi or the new wizxer that is coming out. The wixzer has everything that people want in this topic already, but it's based off of winCE instead of linux.

I would rather not have a windows device but if it has all the functions and this doesnt i would choose the wizxer.

A lot of the features people want could be accomplished much more easily if they made the source code available. An open source system would be amazing. An open source system would allow much more to be done to the system. A single company can never do as much as a community working towards a goal.

Being able to load our own linux apps would present a huge amount of versatility.
If I could get the code and tinker with the device I would definitely choose this device over the wizxer as it would provide endless hours of interesting work.

A mini linux system with wifi...mmmm... drooling over the possibilities... warwalking...mmmm...

What posix system did you use? QNX is designed for embedded systems and the kernel can go down to about 6kb. very fast loading time compared to most posix systems.

Some people are going to start reverse engineering this system and coming out with hacks especially since it's on a linux based os. Why not embrace them and make their life easier? Market it towards a hackers, everyone would want one.

Open source system... all of the gnu licenses become available... think of all the people that would start working on the system and how much could be done. you don't have enough manpower to do everything people want.

oh and another thing, the main feature I would want besides open source is shoutcast support for internet radio. which you mentioned in a video interview.

take care =)

Many share your wants and dreams. Open souce turned my somewhat useful Archos Recorder 20 into an incredible mp3 player that I still use today 6 years later.
Unfortunately, most of the talented people who port these devices are working on Ipods and the such. Maybe the wifi in the 604 might catch their eye. I guess it all depends on how many people fall in love with this unit.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next