Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:09 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I want to be able to map out my buttons, like having the power button be the okay button

I use the included leather case and sometimes i just want to stop the music for a second or 2,

I have to take out my archos, and unlock it and press the pause button

being able to assign keys would allow you to use them to your personal use

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:13 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

not sure it it works already, but would love to read my YAHOO mail online version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:21 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

you can access (AOL and) BT-Yahoo webmail by using mail2web. Just Google it (or type www.mail2web.com) and add it to your 604wifi as a favourite and the rest should be pretty straightforward!!! 8)

Before I knew this I could only use my hotmail account directly on my 604wifi (which you can't easily access with mail2web for a reason I forget). Hope this helps!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:42 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I was talking about accessing yahoo mail online, with their great web interface that works like a piece of software.

Andy W wrote:
you can access (AOL and) BT-Yahoo webmail by using mail2web. Just Google it (or type www.mail2web.com) and add it to your 604wifi as a favourite and the rest should be pretty straightforward!!! 8)

Before I knew this I could only use my hotmail account directly on my 604wifi (which you can't easily access with mail2web for a reason I forget). Hope this helps!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:21 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Sorry, missunderstood you original post. Don't use it but I guess it probably uses Flash etc...... and we know all about that wish......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:43 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

All I would need is
VOIP support
flash/java support

I think that then I could die a happy 604 wifi owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:51 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I would already be happy with just flash/java support ..

Isn't there any way to recompile the os yourself and put in the flash plugin for linux that is on the adobe flash player site ?

I mailed Archos on this matter many times, never got an answer, it's just such a shame, 604 wifi is a brilliant device, excellent video nd audio, even wifi web browsing but no flash/java support ? I just can't wait to start watching youtube on my 604wifi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:24 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I hope Archos will insert in next releases of gen 4 products a TAG editor for MP3s, will help to correct/add id3 tag to mp3s, also I hope they will consider the other things you said in this topic like flash/java support, a better video preview mode with an icon that let us browse the other folders without changing mode of view, more video options like brigtness, color and so on..., support of GIF files in the photo viewer, if OPERA can open them photo editor must do! More file formats supported, someting similar to the multitasking that let you browse menus or files while reproducing mp3s (is now too limited to the photo editor), more options to the video section, an option to browse hard disk can be inserted when playing videos without stopping it, and a queue function similar to MP3s for videos.
Oh yes... I forgot... A button to jump to the next video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:59 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'd rather mention some realistic upgrade ideas for Gen 4 - there won't be any revolutionary upgrades for the Gen 4, that's for sure (unless Archos released their full source code)...

On music mode, there are two touch buttons, above and below the track info box. It'd be more logical if pressing the "previous track button" would always make the player jump to that song instead of starting the current track over (if it has been playing at least for a few seconds).

A minor change, but I'm not expecting really anything more... :roll: Let's hope I'm wrong though. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:26 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

honeymonkey wrote:
Please give Archos an Idea what they could do to improve the Archos WIFI. without changing the hardware (software only)

Some of the things I wish they would add are below :

-Sleep function and alarm clock support
-Option to auto Resume on restart
-Flash and Java support
-active hotspot searching (signal meter updates also)
-of course some kind of calendar/dayplanner
-voip plugin
-The ability to "see" folders when you select "video" Its a pain to have to use the file browser to get there
-Option for an automatic connection in hard disk mode when you connect the 604 with the computer via usb
-Fix the battery status display to reflect a more true reading and warn the user of a low battery condition.
-The ability to "bookmark" network folders

Umm lol for the video folder thing.. i thought the same as you.. but if you press the 2 arrow buttons beside the menu button when you open Videos... it will switch to browser view.. though i'd rather prefer it the good old AV 400 way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:43 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Oh yeah, and i just updated to 1.6.21... the second newest firmware.. DONT GO HIGHERR.. its not downgradable.. as stated on the archos site.. anyways, i now.. cannot pause videos by tapping the screen.. !!! THIS SUCKS !...archos do something about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:27 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

i only want one thing.,....for them to stop mooching linux and give us a way to edit the source

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:06 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

a full linux distro a compact live linux would surfice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:18 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Ability to download from a Dish DVR...like they are just now releasing for the 5th gen line...

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/18/arch ... transfers/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Let me Stick to it's Multimedia functionalities ... I'm don't think people should expect a computer or an organizer from a Media Player.

I really do not know if Archos is ever going to release any new versions of firmware for the Archos 604 !!

1. A button to go to Next Song/Video. Come on We have 10 buttons and a whole touch screen, still we do not have a way to skip the currently playing video and go to the next video by a single click.
2. A Button to Pause !!
3. A Better Media player software !! Though it gives basic functionality, with the screen size we have, Archos could really design a very good GUI for the Media Player.
4. The ID3 Tag editor