Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:30 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I bought KingSpec KSD-PA25.1-032MS (32GB). I placed an image of 1.6.53 into the SSD. But I defined that I couldn't play video files. After starting to play a music track, the player just reboots. I had the same problem after copying 1.6.53 firmware image into another hard drive. So i decided to run an update file. After installation my player shows me a HDD recovery message. I don't know what's wrong. Now I have a dead player. Then I installed SSD into another 504. Copied some files and defined that 1.6.53 firmware on my SSD cannot play video. This shows that the newest firmware doesn't work properly with my SSD. I don't know what it is. But I think it's because of its controller. KSD-PA25.1-032MS(M=MLC, S=Silicon Motion controller) is based on SM2231 controller. I've ordered another KingSpec SSD with JMicron controller. I must arrive in about a month. Waiting for it...
I found an interesting thing. Look at the pictures. Look at the second line with serial numbers (серийный номер) of HDD and SSD.
Let's compare the line on both pictures. Pay attention to where both serials start from. They start from different positions. I tryied different hard drives. Their serials start from the same position. HDD's serials begin after 5 spaces, while SSD's serial doesn't contain any space symbol. It's quite strange, but other programs such as BIOS or Victoria doesn't show any space before HDD's serial.
I think Archos' lockdown system doesn't like the absence of space symbols. I don't even know what they mean. The main thing in this all is that I copied the SSD's serial into HDD and both drives were identified as different drives! Different Product ID's generated with both drives prove it!
I COULD USE THE SSD ONLY WITH <1.5 FIRMWARES
AUGUST 5 NEW UPDATE
SEE MY STICKED TOPIC ABOVE

Last edited by Remdale on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So what's wrong with Archos encryption system?