Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:15 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I just bought a Battery Kit (two batteries and an external charger) from NewMP3Technology.com for my Archos 504. The first day, my Archos worked fine with the new batteries, but when I plugged the Archos into the DVR station that night, something really weird happened. The unit was off when I put it into the DVR station. It turned on once it was inserted (just like normal), but the battery icon did not show the charging symbol over it. Instead, it showed only one red line (like the battery was totally depleted), even though it was showing three red lines (half full) right before I turned it off to put it into the DVR station. I then noticed that the clock was showing 12:00 (it had reset itself as if the battery had been removed), then the unit shut down due to the lack of battery power. And this was all while it was in the DVR station (and yes, the DVR station was plugged in). Also, the VideoCorder icon was greyed out like it is when it's not connected to the DVR station.

When I connect the Archos to my PC, the battery shows as charging and I can transfer files with no problems, and I can watch and listen to content on the Archos just like always. It really seems like the new battery did something to the Archos that prevents it from working properly with the DVR station. I have emailed NewMP3Technology.com and am waiting for an answer, but I would love to hear any theories as to what happened. Thanks in advance.