Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

gwynevans wrote:
1773 wrote:
is there any one who could help out please

There's this CloneDvdMobile forum thread but there's no resolution as yet, although there is a suggestion that PocketDivxEncoder can be used to correct the sync.
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:49 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I've got some encoded home videos and old tape conversions; unfortunately they are encoded in avi with gmc and quarter pixel settings? These don't play on the 504. What can I use to encode them to non gmc/qp files? What codec to use?

AMK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:20 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm not sure if this was covered in this thread, but wanted to add my 2 cents.

I wanted to watch videos off the web, but since we still don't have flash support that's a no go. I decided to go the other route. I tested a few different programs and came up with a combo that worked fairly well for me.

All of this was done in windows running IE 7.x.

For the most part the files were automatically cached on my hard drive under this directory, when I viewed a flash movie in my browser.

C:\Documents and Settings\user.whoever\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

The files have the extension .flv

The program I had the best luck converting these files into divx high quality movies was called Total Video Converter - found
Here

The program seems to be able to encoded into a high variety of formats, was fairly quick and all the videos I converted looked great on my 604.

Thought this would be usefull to anyone that wanted to put youtube, crazyshit.com, etc.. videos on their player.

I also installed a program called Flash Favorite (Here) that worked pretty well at downloading flv/swf files from webpages. I didn't have to use it though, everything seemed to cache itself automatically and I was able to convert it right from that directory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:18 am 
Archos User
Archos User

amk wrote:
I've got some encoded home videos and old tape conversions; unfortunately they are encoded in avi with gmc and quarter pixel settings? These don't play on the 504. What can I use to encode them to non gmc/qp files? What codec to use?
Try PocketDivxEncoder - Free, various mentions in this forum (and probably thread!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:48 am 
Archos User
Archos User

PocketDivx is one option yes but I've also heard of syncing problems between audio and video. I will give it a shot but any other similar tools; could be paid ones also.

AMK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:31 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

amk wrote:
PocketDivx is one option yes but I've also heard of syncing problems between audio and video. I will give it a shot but any other similar tools; could be paid ones also.

AMK

I use autoGK (free), but have not tried to convert quarter pixel stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:29 am 
Archos User
Archos User

I tried autogk but it just hangs at the virtualdub stage.

Another problem with PocketDivx is the resolution; no matter what I do I can't get it over 480x272.

AMK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:56 am 
Archos User
Archos User

amk wrote:
Another problem with PocketDivx is the resolution; no matter what I do I can't get it over 480x272.

OK, with v0.3.90 (the beta version),
    Go to the main window & click on advanced options.
    Select your target device as "Archos 504".
    Click on the icon below that to select the "Maximum dimensions" till you get to the "Very high" setting.
    Please tell me what the "Output dimensions" value on the right is showing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:56 am 
Archos User
Archos User

gwynevans wrote:
amk wrote:

OK, with v0.3.90 (the beta version),
    Go to the main window & click on advanced options.
    Select your target device as "Archos 504".
    Click on the icon below that to select the "Maximum dimensions" till you get to the "Very high" setting.
    Please tell me what the "Output dimensions" value on the right is showing?

Thanks Gwyn, that did the trick. I can see 720x408 as the resolution now; and then I can resize to the size I want. I usually want to keep it the same as source and some of mine are 512x368.

I wonder why it doesn't detect the source resolution and bitrate automatically. I tried encoding to 720x408 and it worked fine but bitrate got reduced as I didn't up the video quality.

But this is good now... :-)

AMK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi, in the pocketdivx settings when you use advance setting and choose direct video stream copy in case of .vob files,it does not play video,only audio,in the converted file,any reason why??? I think pocketdivx is the best apart from this problem..thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:53 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

saurabh1985 wrote:
Hi, in the pocketdivx settings when you use advance setting and choose direct video stream copy in case of .vob files,it does not play video,only audio,in the converted file,any reason why??? I think pocketdivx is the best apart from this problem..thanx

If you specify direct copy, you're telling it not to do any converting, but I'm not sure what format the vob files would have? I think that unless it's already a divx/xvid, you'll need to have it convert the video...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have a new Archos 604 and want to try all the features on it. I was given advise to try ripping movies to use in my Archos 604 or try to copy streamed video. I would like to use CloneDVD Mobile to copy some movies, and,also, would like to copy some videos I saw on YouTube. Can you give me some exact details as to how this works. If I use CloneDVD mobile, does it work alone or do I have to use AnyDVD and CloneDVD first, then Clone Mobile to get it into my archos??? Or can Clone DVD mobile do the whole job?? What are the steps to get from a DVD to a video on my Archos?
I alos bought a firewire port and cable and will install it tonight to be able to put in home videos from my Canon Elura 100 camera. This will be a first doing this, too. What do I need to do to get it into my computer and then onto my archos?? Do I need any software to do this or does it work like putting pictures in Windows Media Player??
Also, how do I get the video from YouTube to my archos, step by step?? I am new at all of this and need someone to guide me along. Thanks for any help you can give me. Please give me any details that will helo me on all three questions.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:33 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Hmm - that's a lot of questions. You're best bet would be to take things one at a time, search the forums & then post asking about any specifics you can't find.

For a start, you'll probably need AnyDVD, but then you use CloneDvdMobile to go DVD->DivX. You could use CloneDvd to go DVD->HD Folder, then use CloneDvdMobile to go HD Folder->DivX, but it's not needed unless you want to e.g. run a number of simultaneous instances overnight.

One thing to watch about downloaded avi files is the audio codec they use - you can check with MediaInfo but without plugins, the Archos won't support AC3/AAC, just MPEG Layer-3 audio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:46 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I would like to use VirtualdubMod to re-encode FLV1 Flash files downloaded from sites like YouTube into H264 video files (I have the plug-in). I have programs that can do this, but I would also like to use VirtualdubMod because it offers more filtering options, and trimming of the videos length. I am first using FLV Extract to separate the audio and video streams. I have ffdshow installed and have selected to use the Libavcodec to decode the FLV1 video in ffdshow. The video shows up fine in VirtualdubMod, and IÔÇÖm able to encode to a H264 video file that plays back fine on the PC. The problem comes when I transfer the file to the Archos player it will not play. IÔÇÖve read here that the H264 video file must conform to certain standards for the Archos player to play the file. IÔÇÖm wondering if anyone here has been able to get a playable H264 file encoded with VirtualdubMod that plays on the Archos player, and would they share there H264 configuration used in VirtualdubMod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:00 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I know it doesn't answer bobcats question, but if you want quick and easy conversion of youtube to divx try vixy.net .....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:04 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

bagman wrote:
I know it doesn't answer bobcats question, but if you want quick and easy conversion of youtube to divx try vixy.net .....

I'll take that back, worked once then the second attempt gave a really poor audio sync...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:53 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi bagman, easy is not what I'm after, quality & control by using two-pass encoding, and cutting out unwanted sections of the FLV1 files, along with de-blocking exc. is. These lower quality streamed videos need all the help they can get when I'm re-encoding them for archiving on the Archos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:35 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Just an update on my efforts to re-encode ***.flv video files with VirtualdubMod to H264 files that will play on the Archos player. IÔÇÖve done a lot of testing without any luck so I did a little research. VirtualdubMod uses the open source implementation of H264 called X264 and what I found out is that X264 does not support the Baseline profile needed to work with the Archos player. So IÔÇÖd advise anyone searching for H264 encoders that VirtualdubMod is not going to work with your Archos player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm 
I got my 404 from Walmart this Saturday. I just think the 404 is an iPod video killer!

ANyway, I have put a few episodes on mine and some movies, beautiful. to convert I use:

DVDShrink
AVI.net (www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=801)

AVI.net is slower, but perfect translations and uses Divx 6.5 codec. Just some patience and I have great conversions for my Archos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:00 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

As you may have read in my previous posts on this thread IÔÇÖve been unsuccessfully trying to encode H264 video with VirtualdubMod. The reason I wanted to do so was the advanced filtering available in VirtualdubMod. Seeing the vast amount of videos on the web in the Flash format (***.flv) made me want to explore ways of optimizing there conversion to H264 video files, as this format is the best presently out there for size/quality ratio. There are two main issues when viewing Flash converted video on the Archos. The video sometimes suffers from small square blocks which are present in the source Flash video, and when viewing the video in the daylight outside, the Archos screen does not do a great job of displaying the video brightly enough to see the dark scenes. After much experimentation IÔÇÖve come across a method that addresses both of these issues successfully. This method is not limited to H264 encoding, but can be done with DivX, WMV, XviD, MPEG encoding also. ItÔÇÖs also is not limited to Flash videos, but any video that suffers from the aforementioned issues. Rather than using VirtualdubMod, IÔÇÖm using the swiss army knife of a video\audio editing program Avisynth. I found out that programs like SUPER, and Total Video Converter, will both accept Avisynth (***.avs) scripts. This opens up all sorts of possibilities for filtering video by frameserving it from an Avisynth script to a program like SUPER, or Total Video Converter. Within my Avisynth script IÔÇÖm calling up two filters. The first is called ÔÇ£MSU Smart Deblocking ver 2.2ÔÇØ, This is a Virtualdub filter (that can work in Avisynth), that was programmed by three guys at MSU. It removes many of the blocks found in low bitrate video. The second filter IÔÇÖm using in my Avisynth script is called ÔÇ£TweakÔÇØ, and I think is an internal filter included with Avisynth. It was programmed by Neuron2 a Doom9 forum team member. What it does is let you adjust the brightness (along with hue, saturation, and contrast) of a video clip. IÔÇÖve found it is best to first separate the audio from the video in a Flash file by using the application FLV Extract. This allows me to not have to re-encode the audio and loose audio quality by doing so. After IÔÇÖm done encoding the video to the H264 format I Multiplex the original MP3 audio & H264 video back together. You might think that running this Avisynth script into your video encoding application would slow the encoding process down dramatically, but IÔÇÖve seen that this is not the case. Let me know if youÔÇÖre interested in this method, and IÔÇÖll go into more detail about it. No use wasting my time typing up more detailed instructions if you people are just interested in quick & easy encoding.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next