1. What are the differences between the 604 and 504?
2. What are the differences between the 604 and 604 WiFi?
3. How do I get my DVDs onto my player?
4. What resolution should I choose for my movies?
5. Which Codec has the best quality?
6. Which Cameras and Card Readers work with the USB connection on the Dock?
7. Can I record TV Shows on my Archos and play them elsewhere?
8. What accessories are must-haves and why?
9. Which software is best for conversions?
AND THE ASWERS TO THESE MOST BASIC AND FUNDEMENTAL QUESTIONS ARE????????????????????????????????????????
1. Hdd size for a start, 504 uses 2.5" hdd and the 604 uses 1.8" hdds thats why the 604 is slimmer. The 604 has a kickstand, 504 dosent.
The 504 has slightly better battery life as the cell is much bigger, but for me there is not enough in it to upgrade to 504 seres. Oh yeah the 604 is 100 higher than the 504 lol.
2. hmmm, bit self explanitry really, hmmm, the 604 has no wifi so no web browers and everything that comes with it, the 604 wifi has hmmm wifi!!
3. number of ways, down to personal preferance, i personally use dvd shrink then when the vob files are on my pc i can either copy them to the archos or recode them to avi using pocket divx encoder. Others use clone dvd mobile, lathe etc etc etc.
4. this is also down to personal preferance, what you gona use the files for tv viewing or lcd viewing. If your going to view on a tv you want the higher res lcd lower, check the documentation for the limits on the machine.
5. h264 seems to give best for file size v quality. but for me i like xvid and divx. For the best quality VOB or Mpeg2.
6. dunno dont have one
8. Once again this is also down to personal preferance, everyone will be different in the way they want use there players and where.
good quality headphones, why... because you wont hear it without them, Go for shures or eytomics if you have the money, if not then koss the plug / sparkplug.
Case, nice leather one so it protects the machine
Mini Amp, i use penguin amp because the sound is utter crap on the 04 series.
Portable travel dock (usb) because ive got lazy mates that want my media but wont look for it themselves, with this i can copy over my files to their players at full usb speed, also this dock allows charge on the go because im not chained to a pc and it can be a couple of days before i can plug in the machine to a usb output.
Powerrunner, to charge the machine with the portable dock on the move.
9. what audio or video??
The questions you have asked are so varied in there answers that ppl cannot possibly answer them accuratly in most cases. I like some programs that work for me, others hate them and have had probs and use something else. There is no "this is the best codec, proggie accessories" etc, its all down to personal choice.
You need to ask "what is a good proggie for ripping video?". then you will get various answers from auto gk, clone mobile, pocket divx encoder, lathe etc etc etc, there is no definate yes or no to these questions, thats why you didnt get any replies to the thread.