Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:22 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Greetings: I just brought a 604 (model 42518). It came with the USB cable (it locks into the slightly shorter and wider slot on the bottom). I cannot seem to charge the unit. I plug the cable into the computer and the unit will work (it won't stay on for long), but the "chg" light will not come on. I have tried resetting the unit (under the Battery--BTW-does the unit need to be plugged in during reset?), still not working. How long should I keep it plugged in before I will know if the battery is any good? Also, can I use an AC usb connector for charging?

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to getting my 604 running.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:23 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Yes, a usb charger will work, (most are 500mA usb spec, you can get ~ or >1A ones and these are better for larger archos units) try some different usb sockets if available - the charge light should come on.
If no charge light the current is probably not getting through to the battery. Older archos's had a surface mount fuse soldered to the board and when this blew it gave the same symptoms. Only solution was to open it up and follow the volts in with a meter, don't know if the 604 is the same but it might be a good bet.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:54 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks fredc:
I left it hooked up to my laptop USB last night. The battery level indicator read about half way before bedtime, this morning, the same. I disconnected the usb then battery level dropped to practically zero. This morning I plugged the usb into an iPhone wall usb connector, no charge light. What would it take to fix the board?
Thanks Again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:10 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have returned the player.... I brought a 605 off Ebay and am now having charging problems with that! See ya over at that board. :(