Forum.ArchosFans.com
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 80 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 8GB: Buy now (free shipping)
Archos 101 G9 1.5Ghz 1GB RAM ICS 250GB: Buy now (free shipping)
 * Register    * Login 

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:22 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Know what many of us here are clamoring for? A list of available, cheap, Android tablets.

Most Android websites offer many new articles on unreleased hardware. (It often is the major feature.)

But what about the MANY cheap Android tablets already offered for sale. Some are on sale here in the USA, some in the UK or France, and many more are now available through importing sites, from China.

There are a huge number of these in the $99 to $199 range, yet almost none have reviews. Surely some list of reviewed products must exist?

If some such list does not exist then readers here could ask our friends "What have you tried? What works? What doesn't work?"

We could put together our own list of reviewed, low cost Android tablets.

I think that any website which offered this would draw many new readers, but I can't seem to find anything like this anywhere.

Any suggestions on where to look for this - or how to proceed putting such a list together, perhaps here on archosfans.com, or maybe with Charbax's help on one of the websites that he contributes to?

Thanks for your time and consideration,

- Robert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:29 pm 
Archos Expert
Archos Expert

My suggestion is to spend as much as you can on a good tablet. These "cheap" tablets are a huge source of frustration to many because although the tablet appears to do a lot of things (ebook reading, web surfing, games, etc.) it does nothing well as the CPU, memory (ram) and even the OS is often below par.

This is likely why you don't see many reviews for cheap tablets - they aren't really worth owning as an "all-in-one" device.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:27 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Well, two new cheap Android tablets are out...from Archos! The Arnova series.

http://www.jr.com/product/productListin ... hos+ARNOVA

These look great, but since versions with capacitive screens are coming out in late April (supposedly) I am going to wait for one of those.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:27 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I also believe that the tablets are better than the PDA and netbooks. The tablets will simply get cheaper, lighter and smaller until they have the same benefits current netbooks do. So itÔÇÖs better using the android tablets. I am also going to buy cheap android tablet soon.

tablet pc accessories