Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:28 am 
Hi!

I recently bought the Gmini XS202 and I'm really happy with it. Nevertheless there is no charger, only the battery charging via USB is possible (you have to buy the charger additionally).

I actually have such a charger (that's plug would fit into the one of the player), I even can set the voltage there.

Can someone tell me which configuration is needed for such a charger? On the tech specs of the official Archos charger I can't find any information, and I don't wanna try it and destroy my player doing that ;)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English ;)

Schwenker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:43 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

PLEASE GET CONFIRMATION ON THIS FROM OTHERS BEFORE YOU TRY IT.

Both my AV420's and my 604wifi's plug in (mains) chargers deliver 5 volts to them, the AV420's get 1.6Amps and the 604wifi gets 2.0Amps.

There is also a tiny symbol on the 4 Archos chargers I have (!!!) that shows that the polarity is as follows: Central (hole) of the jack plug is positive and exterior of the jack plug is negative. I would imaging all Archos units use the same polarity but YOU MUST check this.

I have no idea what voltage and ampage the Gmini XS202 should have but you should be able to find that either in the spec sheet that came with it or via other forum members....so not the complete answer but this may help a little! :) Anyone know more?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:42 am 
In another forum someone posted that his XS202 charger has got the following text on it:

Input 100-240V 0,3A
Output: 5V 0,75A

Looks like I've gotta set my charger to 5V, right? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:08 pm 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

Moved your thread to this section in the hope you might get more replies to finally confirm polarity setting.