Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: my pocketdish AV402e
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:47 pm 
this is a gmini right ? anyway i was walking to school with my archos and the screen turned black for energy saving as you know, I wanted to change the song so i press a button on the archos to get the screen back up and it didnt but the music was still playing. I thought it was just a bug, so i held the off button to reset and when i turned it back on it has a message saying "Read acces error! cant read from hard drive". And it gives me an option to format. But I dont want to format because I have alot of stuff i deleted off my computer that i cant get back if i format my archos. Does anyone have any idea to get this error off ? My comp also wont let me connect it with the usb.

sorry for the wall of text, but can anyone help me ? thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:34 am 

plug it into the pc and see if you can get it to connect. If it dosent then you have no choice but to format unless you want to take the drive out and plug it in.
If the files are that important you can get a proggie called "recover my files", which will be able to retrieve files that have long since been deleted, this is a payed for proggie but im sure if you look on torrent sites.........
The program is that good i was sucessful in retrieving a file that had been deleted of my machine over a year ago and had been written over many times, so all is not lost
My 402 has never had a day out in over 2years sevice, its has been the most solid machine archos has built imo (other than having to replace the battery), so im suspecting that you hhd may have gone bad to get this fault up, but hopefully its just a corruption on the OS, ive got my fingers crossed for ya.
roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:27 am 
hmm i dont think it can connect so i guess i just have to format, the files wernt that important my bro might have em. And what if I could connect to the pc ? Could i fix it somehow ?

Thanks for you help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:56 am 

if you can connect it to your pc you could have at least retrived your files if the drive is ok. But your only real option is to do the format. lemme know if this works ok, the format should any take around 1-2 mins max. then you will need to re download the firmware from archos and place it on the root before you reboot, this will put your os back on the drive.
good luck
roy