Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:13 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:34 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hey Gmini 400 fans,

I have an old and well loved Gmini with a broken lcd screen lying around that I decided to hook up to an older 20 inch flat panel display (TV / Monitor) to play around with a bit. I connected the Gmini to the TV using the AV cable and it seems to work fine. I did notice one weird thing though: the Gmini menu and photos all show up windowboxed (black borders on all four sides). Movies play in full screen without any issues.

Is the windowboxing on the external display normal? It's been a long time and I can't find anything on the web about it. Ideally I'd like to get the photos to show in full screen as I might use the gmini with the old TV as a digital picture frame.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any feedback.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:42 pm 
Archos Staff
Archos Staff

Tommy2d wrote:
Hey Gmini 400 fans,

I have an old and well loved Gmini with a broken lcd screen lying around that I decided to hook up to an older 20 inch flat panel display (TV / Monitor) to play around with a bit. I connected the Gmini to the TV using the AV cable and it seems to work fine. I did notice one weird thing though: the Gmini menu and photos all show up windowboxed (black borders on all four sides). Movies play in full screen without any issues.

Is the windowboxing on the external display normal? It's been a long time and I can't find anything on the web about it. Ideally I'd like to get the photos to show in full screen as I might use the gmini with the old TV as a digital picture frame.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any feedback.

yes, the gmini OSD graphics does not cover the whole TV-out area to cope with overscan that most TVs apply (at least at that time when they were still CRTs that all do overscan). Modern LCD TVs sometimes do not do overscan so there are black borders on all sides...