Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:11 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

So i've had the Gmini 402 Camcorder since September of 07 and it was great for about a year and a bit, when the battery died. So, I got a new one, and then, not too long after (about a year ago) the hard drive seemed to die. After turning it on, the blue screen would just stay up forever and I would hear clicking from the hard drive. So that was a year ago, and nothing's changed since then, so I have a few questions:

1) How can I possibly get the Gmini to start up at least ONE more time? I've had other devices that crashed, but was able to get them to start once more in order to back up the data. So far, i've had no luck getting it started up once more.

2) If I am never able to get it to start up again, how would I go about getting the media back. This is important to me because I recorded thousands of videos and it would be a shame to have them deleted. I saw some online sites that specialize in data recovery, but they seemed unreliable and I have no idea if they can do this kind of device.

3) What would be the best, highest capacity hard drive to replace the current damaged one? I've seen the other thread, and while it is a little out dated, I would like to know what the highest capacity I can get is?

Thanks to anyone that helps!