Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:31 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: ode to the gmini 400
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:56 am 
Archos User
Archos User

the gmini 400 was one of (if not the first) techy sorta 'big' purchase i made (i was working at a summer internship my soph. year of college and i used some of the money i made to buy it). i think i paid $250 for it online, and i loved it as soon as i got it. i remember i would watch episodes of family guy and futurama at work in the mornings (lol and no i didnt get fired :badgrin: ). aside from that, i used it everyday in the car (hooked up to my car stereo via a cassette adapter). also i brought it to the gym whenever i went running or lifting since it was still pretty small.

all of my friends loved it and were pretty envious of it (especially comparing its simplicity to the limited usage of the ipods of the time - non video). all in all, it was a great purchase and it has withstood the sands of time. 4 years later, i still use it now for the gym, although it's been replaced in some of the other departments (for car audio i use my gps' audio player and for video i'm still looking for a replacement).

i gotta say, the gmini 400 was super durable.... it withstood drops galore, and still works decently well (although i get some hard disk errors here and there.. restarting solves it tho). i bought a microsoft zune 30 gb on black friday this year.. i dropped it about 3 feet the first day i got it, and the hard drive stopped working altogether ! :evil: .. def. not gmini 400 material.

so, this is an ode to the gmini400.. a great mp3 player, great video player, and really useful gadget (i even brought it on my most recent flight, and was able to play the sega gamegear roms and emulator i have on it). simply great 8)

Post subject: Re: ode to the gmini 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:43 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

regulator wrote:
the gmini 400 was one of (if not the first) techy sorta 'big' purchase i made (i was working at a summer internship my soph. year of college and i used some of the money i made to buy it). i think i paid $250 for it online, and i loved it as soon as i got it. i remember i would watch episodes of family guy and futurama at work in the mornings (lol and no i didnt get fired :badgrin: ). aside from that, i used it everyday in the car (hooked up to my car stereo via a cassette adapter). also i brought it to the gym whenever i went running or lifting since it was still pretty small.

all of my friends loved it and were pretty envious of it (especially comparing its simplicity to the limited usage of the ipods of the time - non video). all in all, it was a great purchase and it has withstood the sands of time. 4 years later, i still use it now for the gym, although it's been replaced in some of the other departments (for car audio i use my gps' audio player and for video i'm still looking for a replacement).

i gotta say, the gmini 400 was super durable.... it withstood drops galore, and still works decently well (although i get some hard disk errors here and there.. restarting solves it tho). i bought a microsoft zune 30 gb on black friday this year.. i dropped it about 3 feet the first day i got it, and the hard drive stopped working altogether ! :evil: .. def. not gmini 400 material.

so, this is an ode to the gmini400.. a great mp3 player, great video player, and really useful gadget (i even brought it on my most recent flight, and was able to play the sega gamegear roms and emulator i have on it). simply great 8)

I agree, fantastic player...the 402 as well. I really miss mine and constantly check ebay for a cheap used one. My only complaint, and one shared by many other 400/402 owners is the headphone jack pins became loose causing the headpohnes to cut in and out.