Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Gmini 500 tech-post!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:57 pm 
What is currently possible with a Archos Gmini 500?
I love the fact that the battery is removable since that usually is one of the weak spots in a mp3/media-player and that the harddisk is visible when removing the battery. This also gives you the idea that it is easy to replace when needed. However, is this possible? And better still, I love 40 Gb but what if you wanted more?
Another question is: How dificult is it, when you've included avi-playback, to throw in a couple more formats! Look at the zen vision-M. It's able to play back a lot more different types of movies. You've got a usb-host function so downloading and viewing foto's is easy, but most camera's also have the possibility to make mpeg-movies. Why not be able to view them straight away as well! I understand it's possible to recode everything but that defies the whole portabilty issue when usb-host function is included. Apart from all these questions I'm absolutely loving the huge screen and it's clarity! Does anyone have any info on the fact that the source-code of the archos-software is freely available? Have there been any developements there?

All this for now! Looking forward to read your response!

Cheers,

Rogier