Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: ? on privacy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:09 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I am looking at the archos elements line, specifically the titanium 80 and platinum 97. Have 5/ 500g, 70 & 760b, and 101g9 turbo. The first 3 committed suicide the same week. :p I think in the case of the 70s it is just dead battery, the 5 is acting very strange, boots but screen looks like on of thse mercury toys, reset screwed it up further :( :( will be sending all to archos to see if they can be salvaged...meanwhile
got a kindle black friday for almost nothing. returning because there are no offline aps. I am a psychologist, can not use a calender or contacts ap that picks up all my info, breaches confidentiality (in my case could mean ethical issues, even loss of professional license). won't go there.

The only thing that has given me pause re the new elements line is the google certification. Does that mean that google picks up everything on your tablet, or are offline aps still available (as they were on prior models)?
Thanks in advance for any info.
HATE the revenue model which picks up all your personal info. will not carry a device that does that. up to now archos was the solution. is it still?