Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:25 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:26 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Hi I have tried speaking to Archos customer service but to no avail so I was hoping someone here may have some ideas.
My Titanium 70 will not move apps to any sd card. It sees the card ok to play music from and I can copy and paste a picture etc through the file manager. However when I try to clear some internal storage space through Androids system apps manager in settings or even through the App C/S recommended apps2sd is when the problems start. I tap the move to sd card box and it tells me it has moved the app to sd but nothing registers on the sd card only Lost.dir. When I scroll through the system apps manager it tells me the sd card storage is 5.9gb (i.e. the system memory.) but I have a 32 gb sandisk class 10 card formatted to fat32. I downloaded arctools as I used this on my old archos32 and the main storage is showing as sdcard0 is this a problem/clue? Any ideas greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have the same problem on the same device. have you found a solution?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:16 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

nimbod wrote:
I have the same problem on the same device. have you found a solution?

Sort of! Apparently it's a firmware problem and there is an unofficial firmware to remedy it but I haven't got the courage to try it yet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:19 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

Its not a firmware prob. The newer Android o/s is locked down and does not allow moving apps to the actual external sd card. It only allows moving apps to internal "sd" storage. Unless you root it and use "Link2SD" app you're stuck with using only internal storage for your apps.

You can thank Google for that. This is also why you will see more tablets like Google's new Nexus without even an sd card slot. Google wants people to eventually move to paying for cloud storage.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:50 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Thanks for that Cyberpunk. Does that include Jelly bean? Would rather root it than flash it tbh. As it stands at the moment it's about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. What's left of the original 8gb when the google crap is all over it is pretty meagre.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:30 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

samandgouldy wrote:
Thanks for that Cyberpunk. Does that include Jelly bean? Would rather root it than flash it tbh. As it stands at the moment it's about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. What's left of the original 8gb when the google crap is all over it is pretty meagre.

Yes. JB is even tighter regarding restrictions and KK will probably be worse yet. Rooting it and using Link2SD will totally take care of any storage concerns.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:17 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

Can't find a thanks button on this forum so Thank-you for you help Cyberpunk! :D :D