Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 9:20 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:26 am 
Archos User
Archos User

Do any Archos Titanium 80 users have cases that they recommend, or recommend staying away from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:02 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I have bought and just received a shocksock for ASDA ARNOVA 8 EAN 5052274215418 to fit my Titanium 80.
If you google dimensions you'll find :
ASDA Arnova 8 : 20.5 x 15.3 x 1.2
Archos Titanium 80 : 20.5 x 15.4 x 0.99
It's an absolute perfect fit. I have several shocksocks already for several Samsung devices.

Also I am searching ebay for a second charger for the Titanium 80 : Look for HNC050200X and you'll find a 5V 2A charger with Plug 2.5mm x 0.8mm (Smallest Possible Connection Size).

I like this Tit80 tablet especially the screenresolution, but it's rather heavy. Wifi is ok/good at home (but my other devices show better wifi reception) and excellent wifi-reception where I work. There is improvement needed for the wifi. I also prefer plastic back-cover instead of this aluminium back. Battery life could als be better.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:33 am 
Archos Guru
Archos Guru

I've just ordered one of these;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DURAGADGET-Magn ... um+97+case

Will update when it arrives and comment on it's quality.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:36 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

sbtwister wrote:
I have bought and just received a shocksock for ASDA ARNOVA 8 EAN 5052274215418 to fit my Titanium 80.
If you google dimensions you'll find :
ASDA Arnova 8 : 20.5 x 15.3 x 1.2
Archos Titanium 80 : 20.5 x 15.4 x 0.99
It's an absolute perfect fit. I have several shocksocks already for several Samsung devices.

Also I am searching ebay for a second charger for the Titanium 80 : Look for HNC050200X and you'll find a 5V 2A charger with Plug 2.5mm x 0.8mm (Smallest Possible Connection Size).

I like this Tit80 tablet especially the screenresolution, but it's rather heavy. Wifi is ok/good at home (but my other devices show better wifi reception) and excellent wifi-reception where I work. There is improvement needed for the wifi. I also prefer plastic back-cover instead of this aluminium back. Battery life could als be better.

Hey sbtwister,

Can you recommend an eBay seller for a USB charger adapter? I looked for the HNC050200X and found several listed. I've already bought and returned two marketed specifically for the 80 Titanium that were both duds before reading your post, and I don't want to keep doing that. Might save me some time if you've had better luck. Appreciate any help you can give me

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:41 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

ArchosGamer wrote:
Do any Archos Titanium 80 users have cases that they recommend, or recommend staying away from?

I'm a little late to the party, but in case you're the patient type, I bought this case from Amazon and absolutely love it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPJ ... UTF8&psc=1

It's really thin and sleek, all the cut-outs are perfect, and very secure and professional looking. Also came with a screen protector that I'm equally happy with.

Edit: Actually I just noticed this is identical to ViPa Soft's recommendation above. Guess it depends on your country of origin for ease of ordering.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:45 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

grrgoyl wrote:

Also I am searching ebay for a second charger for the Titanium 80 : Look for HNC050200X and you'll find a 5V 2A charger with Plug 2.5mm x 0.8mm (Smallest Possible Connection Size)

Hey sbtwister,

Can you recommend an eBay seller for a USB charger adapter? I looked for the HNC050200X and found several listed. I've already bought and returned two marketed specifically for the 80 Titanium that were both duds before reading your post, and I don't want to keep doing that. Might save me some time if you've had better luck. Appreciate any help you can give me

Yes, I can recommend this seller from hong kong :
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Universal-I ... 1218120133
Cheap And Fast And Excellent :-)

You need a cable that plugs into the mains. Cables that you can plug into the pc just don't work. I also had bad luck with some cables. Most of them are also kinda short.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:42 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

sbtwister wrote:
grrgoyl wrote:

Also I am searching ebay for a second charger for the Titanium 80 : Look for HNC050200X and you'll find a 5V 2A charger with Plug 2.5mm x 0.8mm (Smallest Possible Connection Size)

Hey sbtwister,

You need a cable that plugs into the mains. Cables that you can plug into the pc just don't work. I also had bad luck with some cables. Most of them are also kinda short.

Really? I had one for my Archos 70 that was a USB on one end that worked great on both computer and wall charging. I was hoping for a similar one that would plug into a USB travel charger instead of the bulky wall unit (though suppose I would be happy with just a smaller wall travel charger). I'm nervous because the first one I tried made my battery do funky, unpleasant things, like say 40% one minute, then plunge to 1% and then off, then refuse to power up again for five minutes. Was sure I had fried my brand new tablet.

Thanks for the advice and quick response. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:12 pm 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

sbtwister wrote:
grrgoyl wrote:

Hey sbtwister,

I'm back, sbtwister. Just wanted to say big thanks for the tip on a charger. I just received this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271159103241? ... 1439.l2649

which works with some USB plugs (like my PC and a generic Energizer charger and my roommate's Sony Experia USB charger), not all, but that's better than nothing. Very happy to have any options given how fast this thing eats battery. Muchas gracias! :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:14 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

This is the best cover that you can find in UK.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271214245621? ... 1423.l2649

Cheers!!