Forum.ArchosFans.com

Unofficial Archos Support Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 am 
Archos Novice
Archos Novice

I'm a long time owner of an archos av120. I had stopped using it a while ago, but just found it the other day. Needing a place to dump my picture files from my MS PRO Duo while away from my computer, I thought I'd look into finding the old memory stick reader accessory. After searching for days, I finally found one online and had it ordered. When it arrived, the first thing I did was stuck it in my av120 and tried to transfer some files from my card. When I stick it in however, I get the following error message: "Memory Stick inserted Card Invalid! please check." Now I know there's nothing wrong with the card, my only question is whether or not the memory card reader accepts the newer PRO Duo format. The MMC port on the reader works fine. Is there some kind of firmare update I can get for this? I believe I have the latest one (1.1.5). If anyone out there can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:47 pm 
Archos User
Archos User

I think you may be out of luck. The Pro Duo specification came out years after the AV100, so it is probable that the reader is not compatible, and Archos hardly ever make firmware updates after a generation has been replaced - assuming that the update is even possible in software, it may need a new hardware reader.

The only thing I could think of as a solution is a ProDuo to Compact Flash adaptor like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-Compact- ... B000XEJJFU

plugged into the Archos CF reader. I used the replacement SDHC type in the past with SDHC cards and it did work (slowly!). Unfortunately there is no demand anymore for this type of thing so it may be hard to find - Ebay?

Alternatively a Pro Duo to ordinary memory stick adaptor plugged into the Archos adaptor if you can find such a thing?